Areas of Expertise
- Inclusive Education
- Special Needs Education
- Counseling youths and adults
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Psychology
- B.A. Education, The University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 1972.
- M.A. Education, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 1979.
- Post Graduate Diploma, in Curriculum Development, University of Nairobi, Kenya, 1984.
- M.A. Special Education, Department of Educational Services and Research, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio USA, 1989.
- Ph.D. Special Education, Department of Educational Services and Research, the Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio USA, 1994.
Dr. Frida Tungaraza is a lecturer of Kiswahili language at The Ohio State University. She taught Kiswahili at The Ohio State University when she was pursuing both her Master’s and PhD degrees from 1987 to 1994. She also established a Kiswahili program at Bowling Green State University where she taught from 1995 to 1999. Her research interest is in the field of special education and she has carried a lot of research in this area. Dr. Tungaraza has published a number of papers and she has contributed in book chapters in the field of special education. She has attended both national and international conferences in special education.
Before joining The Ohio State University recently, Dr. Tungaraza was a senior Lecturer in special education at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. She also taught educational psychology and curriculum development at the University of Dar es Salaam.