Due to the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus outbreak, the Community Interpreter: Medical Focus training has set the following JULY dates to a Tenative status, and removed the cancellation policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding your registration.
The Community Interpreter® (TCI): Medical Focus is a comprehensive 40-hour program preparing bilingual individuals to work as medical interpreters. TCI training meets the prerequisite for national medical/healthcare interpreting certification.
- Know how to perform professional interpreting protocols and skills for medical interpreting.
- Be able to adhere to professional ethics and standards of practice for medical interpreters.
- Understand what the profession of community interpreting is, its specializations and how you fit into that profession.
- Know the role and responsibilities of the community interpreter.
- Understand cultural competence and assess if, when and how to perform cultural mediation.
- Be able to perform in three modes of interpreting: consecutive, simultaneous and sight translation.
A language assessment is mandatory for The Community Interpreter® program.
Please complete the two steps below. (If you already have an assessment, please send to email@example.com AND register for the workshop.)
for assessment directions (PDF)
(Waived for The Ohio State University interpreters)