Syllabus for AU18* - Coming Soon!
Afternoon program arranged by department.
180 Hagerty Hall; elsewhere as specified
The Combined Language GTA Training course is intended as the beginning of a continued process of professional development that will extend throughout your career. The lectures, teaching practica, and materials presented in the morning and afternoon sessions will provide you with the basic tools and understandings that you will need to begin your development as a teacher of language and culture in the university setting.
- Become familiar with basic theoretical and practical issues surrounding the learning and teaching of beginning language to adults
- Become familiar with the characteristics of OSU students, programs, and resources
- Develop skill in planning, organizing, and presenting instruction
- Become familiar with common techniques, technologies, and materials used in language instruction
- Learn a variety of strategies for monitoring learning, assessing student progress, and providing appropriate feedback
- Become more aware of learner differences, styles, and strategies
- Reflect critically on your own teaching, provide support and constructive feedback to others, and learn how to manage your own professional development
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to .pdf files. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. PDF files require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open them. If you do not have Reader, you may use the following link to Adobe to download it for free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader.